Choose Your Race
The Boot Camp Challenge accepts all participants from beginners to the most experienced obstacle course racers. Are you ready to take the Challenge?
Have fun with the Boot Camp Challenge Obstacle Course Race either by yourself or with your friends in the open category.
Participants will conquer the obstacles and challenges at their own pace in the open category. Have fun, build camaraderie by helping other participants, and feel proud for accomplishing a challenging event.
Compete for time and awards in the competitive category.
Individual participants are required to complete all obstacles and challenges before proceeding to the next obstacle. An exercise penalty will be applied for failure to complete an obstacle.
Awards for Individual Male and Individual Female will go to the top 3 finishers in the following age groups: 15 – 19, 20 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60+
The “Platoon Experience” is a unique opportunity to run the Boot Camp Challenge like never before.
You’ll be placed in a platoon of 30 participants and run the course together. You’ll meet the challenges of the course, conquer the obstacles and finish together.
To enhance this experience, there will be two Drill Instructors assigned to your platoon. They will encourage, motivate and guide the platoon to the finish.
The Boot Camp Challenge Obstacle Course
This obstacle course is 4.6 miles in length and consists of 20 REAL obstacles utilized by Marine Corps recruits. It includes wall climbs, log hurdles, tunnel crawls, cargo net climbs, rope climbs, ammo can lifts, sandbags, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Register online at bootcampchallenge.com or runsignup.com.
- Online registration will close on Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 11:55 PM.
- There is no race day registration.
- You must be at least 14 years old on race day to participate.
- Friday, September 16, 2022: Last day to register in order to receive race packets (race bibs and information) in the mail.
- Wednesday, October 12th: Online registration closes at 11:55 PM. There is no race day registration.
- Saturday, October 15th: Race Day
The proceeds from the Boot Camp Challenge go to Marine Corps Community Services, which supports Marines and their families by providing morale, welfare, and recreational programming.
- Individuals and Teams registered by Friday, September 16, 2022 will receive their race packets (race bibs and information) in the mail.
- Each five-person team is required to have a team captain. Race packets for the entire team will be mailed to the team captain.
- If you registered after September 16, 2022, your bib with your timing tag will be available for pick-up on race morning beginning at 6:30 AM.
- If you registered before September 16, 2022 and did not receive your packet in the mail, please see customer service on race morning.
- Boot Camp Challenge participant shirts will be available for pick-up at the t-shirt tent on race morning. You must use the tag on your bib number to pick up your shirt.
- While we will do all we can to ensure you receive the shirt size you desire, we unfortunately cannot make any guarantees.
- Yes, gear check will be available at the bag check area.
- Plastic bags will be provided. We discourage bringing any valuables to the race.
- There will be shuttles that take you approximately one mile to the main obstacle area where you can watch participants run the course.
- There will be portable restrooms located at the event venue and along the course..
- Your entry fee is non-refundable, but your bib number can be transferred to another participant at no additional cost.
- Individuals to Team: Have all participants register online as individuals, then the team captain can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the team name (12 characters only) and each team member’s name along with the team category you wish to compete in. A Boot Camp Challenge representative will make the necessary changes.
- Team to Individual: Entry fees are non-refundable, but your bib number can be transferred to another participant at no additional cost. You may choose to replace your teammates, or elect to run as an individual. Email us with your decision at email@example.com and we will issue a new race bib(s).
- Day-of Changes: Visit the Customer Service Tent for any changes that need to be made, to include team categories, substitutions, etc. The Customer Service tent opens at 6:30 AM the morning of the race.
- Two water stations will be located on the racecourse.
- There will be a medical tent and staff stationed throughout the venue and on the course.
- Headphones are not prohibited, however for your safety and the safety of your fellow participants, you are highly encouraged NOT to wear headphones.
- No, baby strollers, jogging strollers, and children under the age of 14 are not permitted on the course. However, they are welcome in the expo spectator areas.
- Though we love animals, dogs or pets of any kind are not allowed on the racecourse or venue.
- Official race results will be posted one business day after the race.